Tuesday, December 9, 2008

LABOR WATCH 2008


I'm officially on LABOR WATCH 2008. That's what Jen calls it anyways. I had my weekly doctors appointment tonight and I'm officially 1 cm dialiated and the baby's head is super low. Actually te doctors words were "Oh my, the head is really really low" which she said would make pushing easier since she's already pretty far down!! Also told me that she didn't think my baby would be bigger than 7 pounds but that's just her guess.


I will tell you that this internal exam was extremely painful. She said because the head is so low it pushes the cervix back and is harder to get to. Hence the reason I feel like I just lost my virginity all over again!!! Those weren't the doctors words, those are my words. I'll keep the details to myself, but having her try to find my cervix was no ride on the merry go round!!!


I'm starting to freak out about becoming a Mom. I guess it's just a mix of emotions wondering how I'm going to do it all. Wondering if I'm really ready for all of this!!!! I guess no one is really ever mentally prepared to becoming a first time parent though!


I've had an amazing pregnancy. I haven't had any real pregnancy symptoms except for the belly that I now have. I still forget sometimes that I'm not as little as I used to be, and try to squeeze behind chairs and things, but I get stuck often. I do love it though. I've loved being pregnant. I'm going to miss carrying Lil' Diva around with me wherever I go, even though I will be actually holding her in my arms. It's strange. I always knew that one day I wanted babies, but I never actually thought of what it'd be like to be pregnant, and it's more wonderful than I could have ever imagined. I'm sure If I was sick, and if I had gained a ridiculous amount of weight I would still think the same. I just can't wait to see her cute face!!


I thought I'd post pictures.. then and now...




June 2008. About 10-12 weeks

December 2008 36.5 weeks
Oh how I remember when I saw my belly in the first picture I thought it was huge!!! Funny how things change!!!! I now don't remember what it's like to have a belly that little!!!


1 comment:

Mrs. P said...

aww that was sweet :)