Monday, March 30, 2009
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
I'm going to use bullets because I have a new found love for them...
- Why wasn't I aware that holding a baby takes a toll on your body. I suddenly feel like I have aged 10 years in 10 weeks. My knees hurt from trying to bend while making sure I'm not going to drop the little one. I feel like the arch in my back is 10 times more arched. (apparently 10 is the lucky number in this bullet.)
- How come no one tells you that you can see your baby's pulse through their soft spot!!! I nearly had a heart attack when I noticed this. I quickly googled and found it out that it was completely normal. Every mother that I have mentioned this to all knew about it. HELLO!!! why did no one tell me!
- No one told me that there was a chance that my daughter would HATE the carseat.. like seriously hate it. It causes me such anxiety that I hardly take her out! I took her to the mall this past weekend, and it was a disaster. She cried the way there, cried in the mall, cried the way home. I think she has some social anxiety. She also gets very still or goes to sleep, when my family is over. Yes it's loud for me to. 4 boys running amuck is not fun, but I can deal with it. Avery doesn't seem to like it very much.
- No one told me that I'd think her "social anxiety" is my fault because since it's Winter I haven't been able to take her out much.
- I never in my life thought I'd be happy to have a poop filled diaper. Seriously. I have stomach issues and was praying that they didn't get passed down. So far so good!
- I never thought that the fact that I will be leaving her with a sitter would devastate me. And I haven't even returned to work yet. I've cried every day this week. I go back to work on the 16th of this month. I'm not worried about her being taken care of. I worry about what if she cries all day because it's an unfamilar place (see bullet about social anxiety). I worry that she won't nap for them. Ugh, there's too much to write for this bullet. I hope you get the idea.
- I never thought I'd be one of those Mom's who thought thier kid was the cutest ever.. but serioulsy I have the cutest kid ever!!!
- I never realized that EVERYTHING comes second to taking care of my baby. (Priorities)
- No one told me I'd check on the baby a thousand times before I fall asleep!! No lie, 1000!
- I had no idea that her smiles would literally melt my heart and bring tears to my eyes! Even after having a day where she decides she is going to be a DIVA all day long, and then have her give me the biggest cheesiest grin she can show makes me forgot the fact that my back and my knees are killing me :o)
Here's a picture of us doing what we do best...
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Friday, February 6, 2009
All seem pretty simple right? Well not when you have a kid. Most people pee the first thing when they wake up. Since I now wake to a baby who is hungry and crying, I must pick her up first, warm her bottle and feed her. This process could take about 35 minutes depending on if she wants to play with the bottle or eat it. 35 minutes may not seem like a long time, but when you've been sleeping a couple hours and have to hold it, it's an eternity.
Stomach growling seems to be a normal part of my day now. If the baby is sleeping, and my stomach is growling what do I do? Do I eat, or do I sleep. Of course once she's down, I finally can use the bathroom without her demanding my attention. Sleep usually takes the cake over eating. But when it doesn't and I have to hold the Diva while she's sleeping because she'd rather sleep in my arms, I've become a master of one handed eating. I'm not making 3 course lunches, but my daily diet now consists of, Cup-O-Noodles, a Hot Pocket, or a bowl of Lucky Charms or Cherrios. All things I can "cook" with one hand, thanks to the microwave. Thank God for my Mom who'll make dinner and I get at least 1 decent meal a day, which more often then not I'm eating with one hand. I'm getting to be such a pro. One thing I'm looking forward to about going back to work is that I'll be back to eating 3 meals a day. Woot Woot.
My posts are always so all over the place... kind of like me...
Ohh.. Aves Valentines Day outfit and shoes came. I'm excited about that. I'd really like to take her to get her pictures taken, but I don't want to go there and have her sleep the whole time. I'm not paying at least a hundred bucks to have a professional picture of her sleeping. I'll take those my self.
And here's a picture.. the cutest feet I've ever seen. And I'm not even kidding they are seriously the softest things I have ever felt in my life.. I rub them on my face at least 10 times a day. Not kidding.