Friday, February 6, 2009

Priorities...

Becoming a Mom has totally changed my priorites...( I for the life of me, can't tell if I'm spelling that correctly... stupid brain)... anyways...


3 of the most important things in life are:



  • peeing

  • eating

  • sleeping

All seem pretty simple right? Well not when you have a kid. Most people pee the first thing when they wake up. Since I now wake to a baby who is hungry and crying, I must pick her up first, warm her bottle and feed her. This process could take about 35 minutes depending on if she wants to play with the bottle or eat it. 35 minutes may not seem like a long time, but when you've been sleeping a couple hours and have to hold it, it's an eternity.


Stomach growling seems to be a normal part of my day now. If the baby is sleeping, and my stomach is growling what do I do? Do I eat, or do I sleep. Of course once she's down, I finally can use the bathroom without her demanding my attention. Sleep usually takes the cake over eating. But when it doesn't and I have to hold the Diva while she's sleeping because she'd rather sleep in my arms, I've become a master of one handed eating. I'm not making 3 course lunches, but my daily diet now consists of, Cup-O-Noodles, a Hot Pocket, or a bowl of Lucky Charms or Cherrios. All things I can "cook" with one hand, thanks to the microwave. Thank God for my Mom who'll make dinner and I get at least 1 decent meal a day, which more often then not I'm eating with one hand. I'm getting to be such a pro. One thing I'm looking forward to about going back to work is that I'll be back to eating 3 meals a day. Woot Woot.


My posts are always so all over the place... kind of like me...

Ohh.. Aves Valentines Day outfit and shoes came. I'm excited about that. I'd really like to take her to get her pictures taken, but I don't want to go there and have her sleep the whole time. I'm not paying at least a hundred bucks to have a professional picture of her sleeping. I'll take those my self.

And here's a picture.. the cutest feet I've ever seen. And I'm not even kidding they are seriously the softest things I have ever felt in my life.. I rub them on my face at least 10 times a day. Not kidding.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is my Valentine after she is yours lol. We should have a Valentine's photo shoot during the week.

Brian said...

Go pee. And shut up about my picture being on my grandma's shirt.

Brian said...

I'm sure Nawn has a shirt with your pic somewhere.