Sunday, January 25, 2009

I'm busy being a Mom..

Phew.. so it's been a while since I've posted, and I had tried to write a few times, but I get interrupted now by the cutest little girl... I wanted to post the story of my labor because as time goes on I'm slowly forgetting details and remembering random things, so I wanted to get it down, so I can save it and one day show the little diva. I'm gonna try this while she's sleeping in her swing, but I have a feeling she'll be waking shortly.

Wednesday 12/17/08

After a disapointing drs appointment the day before I was convinced that labor was never going to happen, and I'd have to be induced after my due date. I carried on the day like normal but had a hard time falling asleep that night before the baby was moving around like no ones business. Something she hadn't done in a while due to the fact that she was running out of room. I had finally fallen asleep at about 3 am.

Thursday 12/18/08

I woke up around 6:30 am to go to the bathroom, something that had become a normal part of my sleeping patterns, and my mother asked me if I was okay. I was I just had to pee. I laid back down and heard my mother leave for work. I didn't fall right back to sleep and at about 7 am I felt this shooting pain across the lower part of my back. I was like wow, that was strange, but didn't really think anything of it thinking that I had slept wrong, but it still felt odd to me. I couldn't fall back to sleep and it happened again, and continued happening about twice an hour. I started to get really nervous but didn't want to call my mom, or my sister because I didn't want them to worry over nothing. I was freaking out. I texted my friend Jennie who just had a baby in August to ask her what she thought. She said it might be back labor, which I had been convinced all along which was what I was going to have. I called my doctor who said that even if it was contractions they weren't regular till they were 5 minutes apart and to call back if that happens. That night me and Jen were going to go out to eat and get some Crab Legs. I sent her a text telling her about the pains I was having and that I didn't want to go out but that we could get take out. She came over around 5:30 and we ate some banging crab legs!! All the while still having these pains in my back at least 1 every 25 minutes.. still unsure if they were even contractions, but I had noticed that every time my back hurt, my belly would get super tight and hard. And they were definitely hurting more than then were in the morning. I carried on the rest of the night with the pains continuing not sure of what I should do. I watched Grey's, and thank God it was a repeat because by this point the pains in my back were coming closer together, but would rotate from hurting to not so bad. I kept googling "back labor" throughout the day and everything that came up, I thought could have been what I was having, but it really didn't pin point it, or maybe it was just that I was nervous and in pain that I wasn't able to grasp what I was reading. At about 11:oo I had one pain that literally made me bend over in pain, and I thought okay, these are definitely contractions, which I guess I always knew they were but I've never had them before so I was all types of confused. I texted my sister to tell her what was going on, and she asked me if I had been timing them, which I hadn't. We texted back and forth for a few minutes and I used those to time when I was having a contraction, and it was about every ten minutes. I woke my mom up to tell her I was just going to call the dr to see what she says. I called the drs answering service at about 11:30 pm and waited for her to call me back. I still have her call back locked in my "recieved calls" section. She called back at 11:39 pm. She asked me what was going on... and told me to go to the hospital and they would call her when they needed to. I started panicking a little bit but was not convinced I was in labor. I don't know if it was fear, or disbelief that I was actually going into labor....

To be continued....

I'm gonna stop this here... I can't copy this to save it and I've typed so much that I don't want to lose it. So I'll try to post the rest soon.

1 comment:

Dana said...

What up lil mama? I almost feel like I am reading a fanfic, lol.

Please continue!